Mistakes & Blessings

>> Tuesday, March 8, 2011


Last night as my girls layed in bed with me for snuggle time, I decided it was a good time to talk to them about something.

I asked them, "If I made a mistake, who would help me?"
Their first answer was, "GOD!!"  I said absolutely.  And, who else?  They each said, "me!!!".  Then I went around to each one and each time we all answered first God and then each other.

So, then I told them about a mistake Sarah Faith had made that her Daddy found earlier in the evening.  She had put all of her clothing in the floor.  All of it, basically everything.  Well, we have an indoor cat that sheds white hair on everything.  So, she had to bring all of it down to have it all rewashed.  She had never been told not to do this.  She wasn't in trouble.  We just talked about not doing it again and that there would be much work today on laundry.  (it was too late to do it last night when their Dad found it)

Then I asked, "So Sarah Faith has made a mistake.  Who is going to help her?"   We all agreed God, and each of us.
So today we did tons of laundry, all working together!
I have some pictures to share!




Here they are with part of the clothes folded and ready.  I, of course, worked hard helping in all ways as well but I wasn't in the pic because I was the one taking it!  :) Smile!

Here is Madi Grace helping with the dishes.
We received a few blessings in the mail today and the shirt she is wearing is one of them!  I ordered it last week and it came in today.  We also got our Season 2 of Little House on the Prairie in today and as an added little bonus we got a sample of cereal.



And here is a picture of my precious girls with their friend, Brittany, from across the street.  She's the one we've been taking to church with us and that the girls have invited on our outings.  She also comes over for about an hour each day after school.  :)

Today shows that mistakes can turn into blessings when others gather around you to help you and bless you!


1 comments:

Mrs. Stam March 8, 2011 at 4:36 PM  

Love the team work that happen in your home :-) Good job :-)

Post a Comment

Graphic Credits

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP